Let's Be Honest...

I'm back!

blogger, style blogger, fashion blogger, california blogger, mommy blogger, jcrew, converse, stripe shirt,

blogger, style blogger, fashion blogger, california blogger, mommy blogger, jcrew, converse, stripe shirt,

First of all, 
Thank you so much for reading me. 

Second of all,
I am so sorry for the lack of post in the last 7 months!  My new role as a first time mom hasn't been the easy "blissful" adjustment as I thought it would be.  In fact, it has been a difficult transition and I'm now just starting to get the hang of things.

Let's be honest...
I want to be honest and share with you why it has been difficult for me to blog again.  Truth is, I have been feeling very shy and self conscious about my post baby weight/body.  I gained way too much weight during my pregnancy and am now struggling to get back to my normal pre-baby weight.  I still have about 20lbs to go.   This has caused me to be extra vulnerable, sensitive and insecure about being in front of a camera.  Body image has always been and continues to be a fragile subject for me... and now with all the extra weight, the last thing I want to do is snap photos of me in my outfits. 

So why am I back?  
Even though I haven't updated this blog in months, I was encouraged to see that I was still growing in reader followings on a daily basis!  That in itself gave me the mustard seed of courage I needed to get back to it.  

Here I am!
 I'm taking little baby steps back into the blogging world. I really don't want to overwhelm myself or build crazy expectations.  For now, I'm just going to try to blog twice a week and see if I can handle that.  Let me know in the comments below if you have ever struggled with or do struggle with body image. Please share with me how it's affected your blogging life. Would love to read your thoughts and experiences!  See you soon!

love,
miriam 

top, hat, necklace: jcrew // shorts: loft // shoes: converse

Labels: ,