OOTD: Easy Layering, Black and White

- Confessions of a Blogger - Part 1 -

simplyxclassic, chanel pin, celine handbag, ray ban sunnies, loft top, distressed denim, layered look, blogger, orange county, california, mommy blogger

simplyxclassic, chanel pin, celine handbag, ray ban sunnies, loft top, distressed denim, layered look, blogger, orange county, california, mommy blogger

simplyxclassic, chanel pin, celine handbag, ray ban sunnies, loft top, distressed denim, layered look, blogger, orange county, california, mommy blogger

simplyxclassic, chanel pin, celine handbag, ray ban sunnies, loft top, distressed denim, layered look, blogger, orange county, california, mommy blogger

top // jeans // similar heels // chanel pin // bracelets // watch // celine handbag // sunnies


Like many bloggers, I receive a good amount of e-mail.  Whether it is from a reader/subscriber, another blogger, or a company wanting to collaborate.  Whatever my response is to their email, I make it a point to reply to each one because I want to be considerate and professional.  

Readers/Subscribers:  It is so important for me to have a good relationship and open communication with my readers.  I value the opinions of simplyxclassic readers the most, more than any PR agency or Company.  I'll be honest and say that I don't get too many e-mails from subscribers but when I do, these e-mails are the FIRST ones I respond to.  They are my priority. 

PR Agencies and Companies:   There are been 2 times where I received an e-mail requesting a collaboration with my blog... when I replied to their email to agree to collaborate, I didn't hear back from them...ever.  This irks me because, THEY contacted ME first!  Ignoring my e-mail, which was a response to their initial email tells me that they really don't care and I refuse to work with people who lack courtesy or respect.  To me, ignoring my email after contacting me first completely misrepresents their own brand/company. 

Other bloggers:  I love collaborating with other bloggers.  It's such a great way to build a friendship with that blogger and gain exposure.  I get very excited when other bloggers e-mail me for either a collaboration or questions or even just wanting to catch up.  There is a blogger I very much respect. She is a HUGE name... Very popular and well known and very successful in the blogging world.  I, a nobody in this blog world invited her to a fashion show and I honestly didn't expect a reply back.  Needless to say, I was extremely stunned and humbled when she did reply thanking me and kindly declining the invitation.  I can't even imagine what her inbox is like, but I was surprised that she took the time to write back.  Her taking the time to write a rejection response made me respect her even more because we all know how easy it is to ignore e-mails that don't interest us. 
Speaking of which, I have also been on the side of having my e-mail ignored by bloggers.  I'll be the first to say that the feeling is not very pleasant, especially if you have collaborated with them in the past or have become social media friends. I'm positive that their intention wasn't to be rude but most likely because the content of the email didn't interest them and they didn't want to hurt my feelings... Everyone is different, but I believe that you can even be gracious and respectful in declining something that doesn't interest you without making things awkward.   

Hope you had a wonderful week! It's almost Friday!! Thank you so much for reading my first post to a new series I'm adding to simplyxclassic.  I hope you enjoyed it. I would LOVE to read your responses to my thoughts on dealing with emails in the blogging world. 

My Pearl Earrings Giveaway still happening.  Click HERE to enter. 

Labels: ,