LIFESTYLE: Heart 2 Heart

The Weight On My Shoulders...

IMG_1886

You guys, I want to be open and honest with you b/c I sincerely love all of my readers and simplyxclassic supporters!  As weird as it sounds, you're not just someone on the other side of the computer screen to me.
Today I wanted to share something that I've been struggling with for a long time now, well since I had Rylie.. It's my weight.  For those of you who don't know, I gained an unhealthy 70 pounds when I got pregnant - I blame all of restaurants in Oahu and the Ikea cafeteria! I lost about 40 but losing that extra 30 to go back to my pre-pregnancy weight has been pretty difficult for me... Being a blogger that mainly focuses on outfits and styling - well it's been tough.  There have been many days I just breakdown and cry to my husband b/c I'm so disappointed and discontent with myself. There are several outfit photos that have never been seen b/c I refuse to post them due to my slight resemblance to a whale.
I know i'm not the only one who struggles with this.. Social media has made the entire world self conscience! Scrolling through my instagram feed is just another way for me to feel bad about myself. The struggle is real people!
Now, I know some of you are going to leave me comments of praise, which I love you for... but I'm just here to express my on-going struggle to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.. I think age is definitely playing against me b/c my metabolism is NOT what it used to be... I'm not really looking for an answer or any kind of praise to make me feel better.. I just wanted to let you know that I struggle everyday with these kinds of thoughts and if you too struggle with this, you're not alone.

xoxo

Labels: ,