BEAUTY: How I curl My Hair using Shu Uemura & Beachwaver S1

Let's face it.. Not all of us were blessed with beautiful wavy hair...

IMG_1196

I, like the rest of the world have to fake it to make it. I normally curl my hair about 3-4 times a week depending on what I'm doing...
IMG_1194

I have straight, flat hair.. It is color treated, fine and now with age it is starting to thin out.  

IMG_1189

Two products I was recently introduced to is Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oil Shampoo and Shu Uemura's Nourishing Protective Oil (c/o). Now before you freak out, let me just say that yes, I freaked out a little too b/c the thought of putting oil into my already fine hair scared me!  But this shampoo has changed my life!  Let's be real for a second... Shampoo is just shampoo to me, I normally don't care what shampoo I use - whatever smells good and is on sale at Target is what I usually grab.  This shampoo made me feel like my hair was completely free of dirt, oil and build up!  I was so surprised at how well it lathered up and washed!  It left my hair feeling super soft! 
The oil was a little scary too but I followed the directions and only poured a tiny bit onto my hands and brushed it through the dry ends of my hair.. Immediately I noticed shine, a huge sign of health! 
The Shu Uemura Shampoo and Oil packaging is a limited edition but the items itself are in their permanent collection. 

IMG_1199

Now, on to the curling iron.  This is called a Beachwaver S1 (c/o) and can be found at Ulta.  What's cool and interested about this baby is that it does the curling for you.. That's right, you don't need to wind up your hair anymore.. All you need to do is slip some hair into the mouth and press the button!  The iron will roll up itself.  

IMG_1210

The wand is about 1" barrel and has the option to curl in either direction! There's an option to select whether you want a fast wind speed or slow.  I also really like that you can raise and lower the temperature to the heat you desire. 

IMG_1212 IMG_1217

That white button above controls the direction you want the iron to turn.  It's truly amazing and genius!  No more having to wind up my hands and no more sore arms from doing all the winding!

IMG_1223

It took few tries to get used to it but overall it took me less than 15 mins to do my hair.

IMG_1254

Tada! Beautiful curls!

IMG_1238

IMG_1230

What do you guys think?!




Labels: , , ,