Escape To: San Francisco, CA

simplyxclassic, miriam gin, travel blogger, san francisco, what to do, what to eat, things to do in san francisco, lifestyle blogger
IMG_4891 simplyxclassic, miriam gin, travel blogger, san francisco, what to do, what to eat, things to do in san francisco, lifestyle blogger IMG_4661 IMG_4590 IMG_4586 simplyxclassic, miriam gin, travel blogger, san francisco, what to do, what to eat, things to do in san francisco, lifestyle blogger

similar dress // shirt // similar hat // similar sunnies // shoes // watch

simplyxclassic, miriam gin, travel blogger, san francisco, what to do, what to eat, things to do in san francisco, lifestyle blogger

First stop, the pier for calm chowder.

IMG_4676

I think our next trip, we'll do the Alcatraz tour.. I just didn't feel like it would be appropriate for Rylie.

IMG_4670

But Rylie did enjoy watching all of the seals

IMG_4819 simplyxclassic, miriam gin, travel blogger, san francisco, what to do, what to eat, things to do in san francisco, lifestyle blogger IMG_4824

Rylie's top and shorts

I had heard about Samovar Tea Lounge in passing but I wasn't expecting too much. Boy oh boy was this place a gem! I LOVED this little lounge. First of all, the outdoor seating area has the most beautiful view of water fountains and rows of planted flowers/plants.  The tea that is served is high quality and the food is yum.  Definitely a nice spot to check out!

IMG_4757IMG_4804

shirt // top // jeans // shoes

Took the cable car to Union Square for a little shopping in the city.

simplyxclassic, miriam gin, travel blogger, san francisco, what to do, what to eat, things to do in san francisco, lifestyle blogger simplyxclassic, miriam gin, travel blogger, san francisco, what to do, what to eat, things to do in san francisco, lifestyle blogger IMG_5166

dress //similar hat
Rylie's Dress

We hiked to Kirby Cove to check out this amazing view of the golden gate bridge from the beach. It was gorgeous. The swing is a little scary but I definitely recommend trying it to capture an instagram worthy photo. Just to note, the hike down is about .8miles. It's pretty easy but hiking back up .8miles is a little tough, especially on a hot day. If you have a little one, I definitely recommend bringing a stroller.


simplyxclassic, miriam gin, travel blogger, san francisco, what to do, what to eat, things to do in san francisco, lifestyle blogger

top // chambray // jeans // flats // similar hat

We went to Stem Kitchen which I definitely recommend. The food is sooooo delicious! I LOVED the cauliflower salad! We enjoyed a juicy Cali Burger and Pizza. Keep in mind their menu changes constantly. I loved sitting on the back patio sipping my wine. They have a beautiful garden you can walk through and take photos.

IMG_5355
IMG_8358
IMG_5310IMG_5302

top // skirt // sandals // backpack // similar hat

Ferry Market was the place I was most looking forward to because everyone was hyping it up around me... I think because of that I was a little underwhelmed.  It's a cool place with little gift shops and food vendors.  I did very much enjoy my avocado toast and ice cream!

simplyxclassic, miriam gin, travel blogger, san francisco, what to do, what to eat, things to do in san francisco, lifestyle blogger

top // jeans // backpack // sandals // similar hat

Chinatown was a fun place for us to walk through. We didn't stop and eat anywhere but we did pick up a few souvenirs at the gift shops.

simplyxclassic, miriam gin, travel blogger, san francisco, what to do, what to eat, things to do in san francisco, lifestyle blogger simplyxclassic, miriam gin, travel blogger, san francisco, what to do, what to eat, things to do in san francisco, lifestyle blogger

Japantown for Belly Good Crepes.

simplyxclassic, miriam gin, travel blogger, san francisco, what to do, what to eat, things to do in san francisco, lifestyle blogger

On our last morning before we headed to the airport we took a quick detour to Mr. Holmes Bakehouse for their famous cruffins! YUMMY!

simplyxclassic, miriam gin, travel blogger, san francisco, what to do, what to eat, things to do in san francisco, lifestyle blogger,

top // jeans // similar sandals // backpack

Our family trip to San Francisco was amazing! Both Eric and I have passed through SF several times for work, weddings and other events but never have we stayed long enough to tour the city. This trip was long overdue but I'm so happy we finally got to do it. Below is a wrap up of where we stayed and what we did during our trip. I put an (*) next to the ones I recommend. On a side note, I have to give myself major props for packing light!!! The more I travel the more efficient I'm getting with my packing. I used to plan my vacation around my outfits which was a huge headache #bloggerproblems This was the first time I actually planned my outfits around my vacation. 

Hospitality: Hyatt Centric in Fishermans Wharf

Dining: Belly Good Crepes, Samovar Tea Lounge*, Stem Kitchen*, Ferry Market*, Frog Hollow Farm Cafe, Humphrey Slocombe, Mr. Holmes Bakehouse*,

Toured: Chinatown, Lombard Street*, Japan Town, Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, Ferry Market, Kirby Cove*


Labels: , , ,